Buffalo DriveStation 1TB review
The Buffalo DriveStation 1TB external hard drive is known as one of the simplest best external hard drives to install and use on the market. With a 1TB memory, you’ll be able to back up a considerable number of files, videos (up to 76 hours standard video, less for HD ones), songs (up to 250,000) and photos (up to 200,000 standard photos, again less for high res photos). You can use it for either your PC or your Mac, connecting via standard USB port.
Main Features of the Buffalo DriveStation
- Simple to install and simple to use: The Buffalo DriveStation is right up there with the simplest external hard drives available – you just connect via USB to your laptop or computer, and it’s pre-formatted to use straight out of the box, saving all the frustration of fiddling around with installation packs, drivers, back-up software, etc.
- Compact for a desktop drive: The Buffalo DriveStation is designed to stand either upright or horizontally, so will fit into most locations you might need it (desk, office shelf, etc) for an efficient use of space.
- Very quiet whilst in use: If you’re trying to concentrate the last thing you need is the constant buzzing and whining of your external hard drive to distract you! The DriveStation is noted for its quietness, not having a noisy internal fan firing up every few moments when the drive is in use.
Technical Features of the Buffalo DriveStation external hard drive:
- USB 2.0 Interface (Data Transfer Rate Max 480 Mbps)
- Pre-formatted drive for immediate use
- Auto installation, easy set-up
- Plug’n’play, no drivers required
- Auto power on/off function
- Product Size: 3.9 x 12.2 x 18.9 cm
- Weight: 950g
- Power Supply AC100-240V 50/60Hz
- Works on Windows or Mac OS
What do people who have bought the Buffalo DriveStation think of it?
The Buffalo DriveStation is considered a simple and straightforward external hard drive to use, with proven reliability. Buyers note the quietness of the drive, the auto on/off functionality which switches it on and off with your computer or laptop, and the value that it offers versus other models on the market.
Here are a few comments from people who’ve bought the Buffalo DriveStation (1TB model):
- “as simple and straightforward as external storage could be”
- “easy to use and reliable”
- “Don’t hestitate… tomorrow it may be too late!”
- “a reliable piece of kit at a very reasonable price”
- “it’s been a great value buy and I continue to be very happy with it”
- “VERY quick to save huge documents”
- “a great value way to store and/or backup your data”
For more on these and other buyer reviews, click here.
Who is the Buffalo DriveStation perfect for?
The Buffalo Drivestation is a good all-rounder, simple to install and simple to use. It’s not a portable external hard drive, so best suited to those who want or need to leave their external drive in one place (e.g. home office). If you need a reliable external hard drive for something like backing up photos, the Buffalo DriveStation would fit the bill. It can also be used to provide PVR functionality for pausing, rewinding, fast-forwarding and recording live TV.
Where can you find the best deal online for the Buffalo DriveStation?
For the best price online for the Buffalo DriveStation, take a look on Amazon where you can pick one up for as little as £85. Depending on how and where you’ll be using your drive, you might also want to get hold of a 1.8m AmazonBasics USB A-Male to B-Male Cable (the drive comes with a shorter USB cable about 1m in length).
Got something to say? Click here to reply